- Preparation: 30 minutes
- Cooking: 3 hours 30 minutes
- 1 kg of koki, small white beans
- 1l of water
- 600ml red palm oil
- 1 pepper
- Banana leaves for cooking
- Soak your koki grains in a large amount of water for about 6 hours
- Remove the grains from the water, prune them (remove their skin) and set them aside
- Prepare your banana leaves as for the pistachio cake
- Finely crush the koki grains (white beans), pour them into a terrine
- Heat your palm oil (it's about liquefying it, not bleaching it). When all the oil is liquid and warm, pour half of it into your koki paste.
- Gently turn with a spoon, add the rest of the oil and half of the water, mix the dough well so that the color is homogeneous. Add the rest of the water and mix again, the dough should be fluid like a cream
- Trim your banana leaves as for the ngon and pour a portion
- Cook for 3 hours over medium heat
- The cake should be yellow orange like ripe mango. Serve with ripe plantains; unripe bananas.
- Good tasting!